Wastewater Treatment Plant OperatorConfidential
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
$5,065 - $5,863/Month
Responsible for operations and maintenance of treatment and sludge processing equipment in a safe and efficient manner to control flow and processing of wastewater, sludge and effluent.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for operations and maintenance of treatment and sludge processing equipment in a safe and efficient manner to control flow and processing of wastewater, sludge and effluent.
- Performs process control, laboratory functions and routine maintenance of the collection system to ensure process balance.
- Inspects, adjusts, operates and maintains aerated chambers, mechanical bar screens, air blowers, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, primary and secondary clarifiers, gravity belt thickener, belt filter press, primary and secondary anaerobic digesters, gas mixing system, boiler, heat exchanger, aeration basins, electrical motors, hypochlorite system and UV disinfection equipment.
- Operates and maintains sewage pump stations. Cleans wet wells, basins, tanks and clarifiers.
- Obtains wastewater samples and performs routine laboratory analysis and calculations to determine unit and plant efficiencies. Ensures tests required under the National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit are performed and accurately documented.
- Works closely with the environmental and engineering divisions.
- Documents and maintains complete and concise operations logs and records. Prepares process control reports and presents findings.
- Monitors and maintains an organized, clean and safe work environment. Performs general clean up tasks throughout shift.
- Adheres to established safety procedures and utilizes safety equipment as required.
- Performs work in compliance with instructions, policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Serves on rotating “on-call” duty 24-hours per day for seven days per week.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Three years of operational experience in a wastewater treatment plant.
- Current WA Department of Ecology Group II Wastewater Operator Certificate.
- Current WA CDL Class B Driver’s License (tanker endorsement/air brake restriction removed).
City of Wenatchee Government
The City of Wenatchee is a full service City employing 180 employees. In addition to Public Works, other services provided include Community Development, Economic Development, Police, Finance and Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services. The City operates under a Strong Mayor form of government with seven council members serving at large. Active boards and commissions advise the City Council with governance.
The City of Wenatchee is home to 33,921 people with approximately 70,000 living in the greater Wenatchee urban area. Located in a beautiful valley at the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers and on the east slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, the city enjoys wonderful abundant sunshine with four distinct seasons. The average rainfall is a mere 10 inches per year making the region a focal point of Washington State for outdoor recreation. Wenatchee is the largest city in rural North Central Washington and thus provides a small town atmosphere with big city amenities striking a great balance between rural and urban qualities of life. Furthermore, the city is only 30 minutes from the renowned resort towns of Leavenworth and Lake Chelan. For those desiring occasional amenities of major metropolitan areas, Seattle is a short scenic 3 hour drive or 30 minute flight away making Wenatchee very attractive to many people and families relocating from the Puget Sound area.
Find out more about the City at www.wenatcheewa.gov. Some of the tourism highlights of the region can be viewed at www.visitchelancounty.com and www.wenatchee.org. Our historic downtown is a nationally recognized Main Street with an active downtown association www.wendowntown.org.
How to Apply
Please go to www.wenatcheewa.gov and click on ‘Job Opportunities’ to view the full Job Description and download application materials. The following constitutes a complete application package:
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- Application for Employment
- Supplemental Application
Complete application packages may be emailed (HR@WenatcheeWa.Gov), faxed (509-888-3636), or mailed to: City of Wenatchee Human Resources Department, PO Box 519 Wenatchee, WA 98801-0519.
Open until Filled