Advantage Services CoordinatorCommonBond Communities
Home is the foundation for everything in life. That’s why it’s been CommonBond’s mission since 1971 to offer quality, dignified affordable housing and life-changing support services. Our model has always been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.”
If creating vibrant, stable communities sounds like important work to you, join us!
CommonBond Communities offers an employee-driven culture that values work/life balance. CommonBond’s core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation and Excellence, and looks for people who embody these values to represent our organization in the community.
CommonBond has an opening for an Advantage Services Coordinator at a large family property in St. Paul, MN.
This position is full-time Monday-Friday (40 hours a week), with some evenings throughout the year for community events.
The Advantage Services Coordinator:
• provides culturally appropriate services, programs, assessment, referral, and advocacy to promote resident stability,
• provides integrated employment services to assist residents to secure, retain and advance in employment,
• plans, coordinates and evaluates programs to promote positive relationships within the community and surrounding neighborhood.
The Advantage Services Coordinator at Torre will bring a high level of organization skills, adaptability, and strong communication skills. Bilingual in Oromo, Somali, or Hmong is helpful but not required.
Why CommonBond Communities?
• Work-life balance
• Competitive salary
• Excellent benefits
• Employee recognition and rewards program
• Employee referral program
• A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
• A chance to make the difference in the community
Essential Job Functions and Associated Tasks:
• Provide professional, culturally appropriate individual services coordination to meet the needs of residents at select housing communities
• Provide information, referrals, advocacy, and brief counseling
• Plan, coordinate, promote and manage the delivery of Advantage Center programs and services provided for the benefit of youth, adults and seniors
• Promote positive relationships within the community and surrounding neighborhood
• Maintain accurate, timely and detailed documentation on casework in accordance with professional ethics and corporate procedures
• Maintain records, statistics, and documentation, and provide information as requested.
• Act as a liaison between community-based social services and housing management staff for the benefit of individual residents
• Consult with casework consultant and/or supervisor as directed by protocols, procedures and Advantage Services guidelines
• Effectively represent CommonBond Communities, and the housing communities in the surrounding neighborhood and relevant service networks
• Actively participate in Advantage Services team meetings and promote collaborative problem solving and professional development
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human services or similarly related field, or at least three years of experience in a related field.
• At least two years of experience providing individual services to a diverse population of individuals.
• Knowledge of community resources and service networks.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with both internal and external partners.
• Ability to network and develop community partnerships.
• Experience utilizing MS Office and web based programs.
• Be Certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.
CommonBond Communities 1080 Montreal Ave St. Paul, MN. 55116
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
CommonBond builds stable homes, strong futures, and vibrant communities.