CLINTON MANOR NOW HIRING
NEW BADEN, IL
Help Resident on the Skilled Nursing environment with everyday living skills.
Job Summary: This position provides residents the assistance that they need in a manner that is meets or exceeds the resident's expectations. The Resident Assistant works closely with CNA's, Nurses, Activities, and others to assure that residents are able to live a meaningful and satisfying life. This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
- Notes any unusual physical or behavioral changes in the individuals, such as bruises, abrasions, rashes or reddened areas on the individual's skin; or an increased agitation, confusion, lethargy or other unusual behavior. Reports the above observations to the charge nurse in a timely manner.
- Provides a level of supervision i.e. 15 minute checks, line of sight for individuals, etc. as per plan of care.
- Documents in individual electronic medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assists with or performs personal hygiene for the individual, including washing the face, hands and all personal areas.
- Assists with or performs proper grooming for the individual such as combing and styling hair, painting nails, and dressing, if necessary.
- Assists the individuals to wash his/her face and hands after meals when necessary, and to properly dispose of clothing protectors in the laundry hamper.
- Assists or performs oral care for individuals including brushing the teeth or dentures, properly labeling and storing dentures, using mouthwash or special procedures.
- Assists residents with personal belongings.
- Answers call lights in an expediate manner
Education & Skills:
A High school diploma or equivalent is preferred but not required. Must possess the desire to care for individuals at the highest level of quality. Continuing education through in-service training is mandatory. Additionally, the ability to take initiative, make independent judgments, and promote teamwork is required to successfully fulfill this job's responsibilities. Must have sufficient written and verbal communication skills to understand instructions and complete basic charting functions and must maintain confidentiality. This facility uses an Electronic Medical Records keeping system, therefore technological skills are essential. Dexterity of the fingers and hands is required to manipulate PDAs, Laptops, Scanners, Printers, and Desktop Computers. Further, the visual acuity to operate these devices is also required.
We now offer C.N.A classes!
At Clinton Manor Living Center, our mission is to passionately support each person in living a meaningful and satisfying life! Resident Assistant Role will help C.N.A provide support to residents with hygiene, personal care, feeding etc.
If you have a passion for helping others, then this is a great opportunity! Start as a Resident Assistant and have the opportunity to become a C.N.A through our in-house certification.
Various Shifts: FT or PT; will include every other weekend.
Benefits & Perks
- We offer a positive friendly work atmosphere!
- PAID VACATION
- PAID SICK TIME
- BEREAVEMENT LEAVE
- PAID HOLIDAYS
- 401 K PLAN
- REFERRAL BONUSES
If you would like to apply for the position, please go to: https://clintonmanor.mitcawm.com/jobs/