Executive Assistant II
Title: Executive Assistant II
Reports to: City Manager
Supervision Duties: N/A
• Knowledge of accepted local government principles and practices, business/government correspondence formats and filing/record systems.
• Knowledge of telecommunication policies, procedures, and the ability to perform telecommunication techniques and operate telecommunication equipment.
• Knowledge of administration policies, procedures and practices as necessary to the position.
• Must be proficient in the use of computers, office equipment, related software and department equipment/tools.
• Customer service skilled including phone and verbal skills in dealing with the public.
• Capable of handling stress and pressure.
• Multi-task oriented.
• Ability to be objective, make decisions without outside influences.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two years related work experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES (other duties may be assigned):
• Assist the City Manager with document preparation, research, communications and
projects as needed.
• Record and track citizen and other complaints, resolve complaint if able to do so or
delegate to proper Department Head for resolution.
• Process accounts payable in coordination with Finance Coordinator and City Manager.
• Act as staff support for various projects and events.
• Process payroll vender checks.
• Assist Public Works Director with tracking and issuance of building permits, fence permits
and excavation permits. Monitor and follow up with building inspections, occupancy
inspections and code violations with appropriate personnel.
• Assist administrative staff by providing administrative tracking of City Permitting
• Assist administration staff with budget document preparation.
• Record and process Park and Recreation Board meeting minutes.
• Answer/make phone calls, emails and other communication for the City Manager’s Office.
• Process City mailings to citizens, property owners, businesses, etc.
• Backup support for parks facility rentals and pool pass sales.
• Backup support for Planning Commission and Finance Commission secretarial duties.
• Administrative support for City Council agenda formation and meeting packet assemblage.
• Assist in the planning of City sponsored events and other events such as (July 4th,
Homecoming, Christmas Party, etc.).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Requires ability to climb and reach minimally.
• Requires ability to lift from floor to overhead storage up to twenty-five pounds (supplies).
• Requires ability to reach shelving up to eight feet with use of step ladder.
• Requires ability to stretch and move body joints in the process of bending, stopping,
kneeling or reaching without assistance from another.
• Ability to sit continuously; stand, walk, squat, bend, hear, reach and grasp occasionally.
• Ability to perform job duties during stressful situations.
• Employee is not exposed to any adverse environmental conditions.
This job description purpose is to indicate the types of tasks and difficulty levels needed for this position. It is not intended to state specific duties and responsibilities or to limit the control of a supervisor to assist, direct or assign work of employees under their supervision. This document will not exclude other duties not stated herein.