Police OfficerCity of Madison
CITY OF MADISON, IL
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
The City of Madison, Illinois is accepting applications to establish a Police Officer Eligibility List.
The qualifications listed below are not complete. For a Complete listing of qualifications, please refer to the Rules & Regulations enclosed in each application packet.
1. Be at least 21 years of age and less than 35 years of age at the time of the application deadline.
2. Possess or be able to obtain a valid Illinois driver’s license.
3. Pass a written examination, oral interview, background investigation, polygraph test, psychological exam, physical agility test, drug screening and a thorough medical examination.
4. Have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
5. Have 20/20 vision or at least 20/50 binocular vision without glasses, correctable to 20/20 with glasses and shall not be color blind.
6. Applicants must sign up at the desk of the Madison Police Department, 615 Madison Ave., Madison, IL between the hours of 9:00am Saturday, January 20, 2018 and 5:00pm Saturday, February 3, 2018. No signings after 5:00pm Saturday, February 3, 2018 will be accepted.
7. Mandatory orientation will be held on Saturday February 10, 2018 at 10:00am at the Madison Fire Station located at 1800 3rd Street, Madison, IL.
8. Application packets will be handed out at the mandatory orientation.
9. Written and agility testing will be conducted at the SWIC Belleville campus on date to be determined.
10. The City of Madison is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Board of Police Commissioners