Facility Manager & Member Service ManagerCITY OF FARIVIEW HEIGHTS
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.COFH.ORG
Under the direction of the Director of Parks & Recreation, the Facility Manager is responsible for the overall organizational planning, hiring, training, budgeting, staff supervision, and daily operations of the Fairview Heights Recreation Complex. In addition, the Facility Manager supervises and oversees safety inspections, repairs, maintenance and cleaning schedules, inventory levels, facility rentals, all marketing and public relations, expenditures and revenues, cash handling and budgeting, and establishing operating procedures of the Fairview Heights Recreation Complex. The Facility Manager serves as the main point of reference for oversight and supervision of all aspects of the Recreation Complex.
Essential Functions of the Position:
Acts as a representative of the FVH Recreation Complex in the community and maintains a professional image
Provides vision and management to staff of all aspects of the Recreation Complex, with an understanding of its context for the residents of the City and the region
Develops and monitors the Complex’s annual budget, tracks expenses and revenues generated by the facility
Reviews and analyzes overall operations, including progress and effectiveness in programs, facility services, and usage, computes and analyzes cost-revenue ratios
Inspects facilities and programs for safety and conformance with standards and regulations, oversees risk management practices to ensure the safety of staff and patrons of the Complex
Promotes the Recreation Complex on an ongoing basis by answering questions, leading and scheduling tours, interfacing with community groups, actively promotes the facility in the community through speaking assignments
Actively participates in the selection of Recreation Complex staff; plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of staff
Produces reports indicating statistics, revenues, expenditures, user trends, and other pertinent information as requested
Attends City Council, professional meetings, and other gathering to represent the Recreation Complex division
Acts with a sense of urgency and responds in a timely manner to complaints, questions, and inquires from members and the public in regards to the Recreation Complex
Required Job Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Administration, Health & Physical Fitness, Physical Education, or related field
3 to 5+ years of progressive supervisory experience in comprehensive facilities management or related
Proven and verifiable leadership and management skills
Valid Driver’s License
CPR, First Aid, and AED certified, or the ability to become certified within 1 month of hire
Compensation & Benefits:
The City of Fairview Heights provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The annual salary for the Facility Manager is $45,000 with the following benefits:
IMRF Pension: This position is IMRF eligible under the IMRF pension plan beginning on day 1 of employment.
Health Insurance: Employee only premiums for medical, dental, and vision coverage are paid for 100% by the City and 75% for dependent premiums.
Life Insurance: Life insurance premiums are paid for 100% by the City and covers 200% of an employee’s annual salary at a maximum of $90,000.
Paid Sick Leave: Accrues at the rate of 10 hours for each completed month of service.
Paid Vacation Leave: After 6 months of continuous service, employee accrues 40 hours of vacation leave. Upon 1 year of continuous service, employee accrues an additional 40 hours of vacation leave.
Section 125 Cafeteria Plan - Employees may enroll in the City’s Section 125 Premium Only Plan in which they redirect a portion of their salary to pay for dependent insurance premiums on a pretax basis.
Deferred Compensation 457(b) Plans -
Available for employees to maximize contributions on their retirement accounts on a pre-tax basis.
*This is not an exhaustive list of benefits. See the City’s Personnel Code for a full overview of benefits
Member Services Manager
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.COFH.ORG
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Facility Manager, the Member Services Manager is responsible for all planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Fairview Heights Recreation Complex’s marketing, advertising, communication, and sponsoring efforts regarding membership programs. Additionally, the Member Services Manager is the point of reference for all marketing and front desk operations for the Recreation Complex and supervises the daily activities of member services staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES (Essential functions including the following and the
Physical Requirements listed below):
• Acts as a representative of the Fairview Heights Recreation Complex in the community and maintains a professional image
• Provides outstanding and results-driven customer service
• Acts with a sense of urgency and responds in a timely manner to complaints, questions, and inquiries from members and the public in regards to the Recreation Complex’s services
• Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, disciplining, and supervising member services staff
• Supports and supervises the daily operations of the membership services team
• Develop goals and action plans with the Facility Manager for membership development and retention, including sponsorships
• Develops, maintains, and manages a balanced budget for the Recreation Complex’s marketing and membership programs
• Coordinates the development and management of marketing and membership programs to meet the needs of the community and members of the Recreation Complex to achieve short and long term Recreation Complex goals
• Develops, promotes, and advertises new and existing programs in coordination with management staff to promote increased enrollment and participation in all aspects and programs of the Recreation Complex
• Determines the annual membership profit plans in coordination with the Facility Manager by forecasting and developing annual membership sales goals; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending prices, and monitoring regional competition
• Develops and implements strategy for increasing non-membership dues revenue
• Compiles member usage statistics and conducts market research on an ongoing basis to ensure the Recreation Complex is offering the community and members current demands
• Ability to seek out new relationships with sponsors, facilities, and businesses and maintain these partnerships on an ongoing basis
• Frequently review membership sales numbers and statistics with management staff to identify potential revenue gaps & modify advertising of programs for the Recreation Complex
• Attends trainings, meetings, and seminars on an ongoing basis to stay up to date on current developments and standards in the marketing and recreation industry
• Assist the Facility Manager and staff as necessary in planning and executing events and day-to-day operations of the Recreation Complex
• Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed
• Other duties as assigned by Facility Manager and/or his/her designee
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field required
• Three (3) to five (5) years related experience in marketing, communications, public relations, or related required
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud-In Design, Photo Shop, as well as expertise with publishing, sales, and marketing software
• CPR, First Aid, and AED Certified, or the ability to become certified within one (1) month of hire
• Valid Driver’s License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Results-driven and motivational management style, high degree of initiative
• Ability to write strategic plans and analyze markets and marketing potential
• Skilled at writing promotional and membership materials and developing public correspondence
• Ability to make a sales pitch, be comfortable with fundraising, and recruit new partnerships
• Salesmanship and the ability to inspire and motivate prospective members
• Confidence in proposing new and innovative ideas to management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to demonstrate a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
• Accurate, professional English writing and public speaking skills
• Knowledge of common office equipment, such as the use of a phone, printer, copy and fax machine, scanning equipment and software, and the ability to learn and adapt to new equipment
• Ability to write reports and correspondence without grammatical or typographical errors
• Ability to organize, keep accurate records, and prioritize multiple tasks
• Knowledge of online social marketing tools and skillful use of various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blogs, etc
• Ability to operate and adapt to various platforms of technology, such as an iPad, laptop, personal computer, Smart TVs, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the position is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts within the Recreation Complex. The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud. Extended workdays and varied hours are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays, to support the needs and demands of the Recreation Complex.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
Travel to seminars, conferences, and fairs is required occasionally.
• This position requires the ability to talk, hear, and see.
• The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time using a computer monitor and keyboard; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee will also be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch to pick things up or move displays around.
• Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.