Procedure SchedulerCharlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology
This position is responsible for answering phones, schedule patient appointments for office visits and/or procedures, review and verify patient insurance, and check patients in/out of the office.
- Coordinates patient procedure appointments per next available time slot in-office or hospital.
- Verify benefits if needed.
- Cancel and/or reschedule procedures as requested by patients/doctors and advise appropriate staff and physicians of changes in schedule.
- Obtain insurance precertifications, authorizations, and referrals on all needed procedures and hospital visits.
- Post authorization and referrals into the computer system.
- Assist staff with general questions regarding precert and authorizations.
- Review schedules as needed ensuring no holes in physician schedules.
- Must possess ability to work independently.
- Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service.
- Prepare and mail procedure care packets.
- Participates in staff educational activities as required.
- Ensures that office supplies and equipment are maintained appropriately.
- Attends required meetings as requested.
- Other general office duties as assigned by Office Manager or Operations Manager.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year procedure/surgery scheduling experience with a large medical practice. Clinical assistant experience will be considered if scheduling was one of the assigned tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities): The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position including but not limited to:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good telephone skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Good medical terminology skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs, applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of patient account policies and practices of the clinic.
- Knowledge of organizations’ policies and procedures.