Appointment SchedulerCharlotte Gastroenterology & Hepatology
The position is primarily responsible for answering phones, scheduling patient appointments for office visits, and reviewing/verifying patient insurance. They also perform other duties as assigned.
- Take calls from queue and make patient appointments per next available time slot.
- Verify benefits.
- Cancel and re-schedule appointments as requested by patients/doctors and advise appropriate staff of re-schedules.
- Obtain needed PCP referrals prior to office visits and procedures.
- Review doctor’s schedules as needed ensuring no holes in physician schedules.
- Confirm patient’s insurance and demographic information in the computer system. Set up new patient accounts in NextGen.
- Load referrals into NextGen.
- Must possess ability to work independently.
- Identifies and resolves work problems to ensure quality patient service.
- Prepare and mail new patient packets.
- Participates in staff educational activities as required.
- Ensures that office supplies and equipment are maintained appropriately.
- Attends required meetings as requested.
- Other general office duties as assigned by Office Manager or Operations Manager.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma
EXPERIENCE: Minimum six (6) months appointment scheduling experience within a large medical office. Front desk experience will be considered if appointment scheduling was one of assigned tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities): The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to job position including but not limited to:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good telephone skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Good medical terminology skills.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems, programs, and applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of patient account policies and practices of the clinic.
- Knowledge of organizations’ policies and procedures.
- Ability to schedule medical appointments based on availability.
- Must accurately input demographic and appointment data into Mega West.
- Skill in general office procedures, data entry, and telephone etiquette.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.