Local Retail CoordinatorBelleville News-Democrat
This individual in this position is responsible for growing print and digital single copy sales for the Belleville News-Democrat. This 20 hour weekly PT position is responsible for merchandising retail accounts, building relationships with retailers, ensuring proper marketing materials and point-of-sale materials are in market, and coordinating field marketing efforts.
Local Retail Coordinator
Department: Audience Development
Division: Audience Development
Reports To: Group Director of On Demand
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Part Time
This position will report to the Group Director of On Demand. The position has local responsibility for supporting single copy and digital single copy audience growth and revenue at their property(ies). This includes but is not limited to each newspaper’s retail sales locations, newsrack locations, business traveler, retail & business, hawking, retail partnership programs, digital single copy, commemorative sections / special days, and additional revenue product sales.
This position is responsible for merchandising retail accounts, building relationships with retailers, ensuring proper marketing materials and point-of-sale materials are in market, and coordinating field marketing efforts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed to ensure success for each of the McClatchy Newspapers.
- Develop and maintain personal interaction with retail owners, managers, and clerks to ensure high quality customer service within assigned territory.
- Resolve customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Execute successful co-promotions with retail outlets to increase sales and number of permanent high traffic locations.
- Collect and turn in money from retail or other locations as needed.
- Solicit and secure new sales outlets and rack locations within assigned territory.
- Gather market information that will contribute to sales growth and customer service.
- Complete weekly territory route with pictures and submit results.
- Maintain and perform minor repairs on racks or replace with new one, and report deficiencies as needed.
- Adhere to all company and departmental safety policies and procedures and ensure a safe work environment.
- Coordinates printing, distribution and execution on retail marketing materials.
- Responsible for supporting, communicating and adhering to the newspaper’s mission, vision and core values.
- Responsible for knowing, communicating and delivering on the key performance indicator targets for each newspaper.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- No supervisory responsibility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma and 2-3 years field marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong interpersonal skills, some sales experience preferred and be mechanically inclined. Ability to work collaboratively with staff and management and customers. Must be professional and courteous in dealing with customers, colleagues, employees and managers. Requires concise and effective verbal and written communications skills. Must be professional and courteous in dealing with colleagues, employees, management and customers. Ability to travel as required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reports.
Ability to calculate collections totals, count money, and provide basic accounts receivables information.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to lift up to 50-75 pounds (marketing materials, newspaper bundles, newsracks) and move carts as needed. Ability to use computer which include some keyboarding and use of mouse. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stay in a stationary position; use of near, mid-range and far vision including the ability to adjust focus, talk or hear, frequently required to communicate effectively and provide information to subordinates, coworkers, managers, vendors and customers: in person; email; written form; telephone; or use of video chat programs. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk or traverse about inside the office and is constantly required to operate a computer and other office equipment; occasionally may be required to stoop; reach; kneel; or crouch. Must have the ability to travel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.