Application Systems Analyst
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is seeking to fill two Applications Systems Analyst positions for Auburn University’s Ellucian Banner ERP system. The positions assist with the formulation and definition of system scope and objectives based on client needs. The positions will implement new or modified procedures to solve problems considering resource capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results and is responsible for program design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
Some positions at Auburn University may be eligible for hybrid work schedules and are subject to change or transition to a full-time on-site schedule at any time.
Formal AU Title: Specialist, Information Technology (IV/V/VI)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews, modifies, and writes program code for the implementation of business requirements utilizing current technologies and tools.
- Provides technical oversight for the application of and compliance with technical standards such as code reviews, unit testing, and security reviews.
- Coordinating with managers and directors in both technical and functional areas to analyze business procedures and develop IT solutions.
- Prepares and reviews detailed specifications from which programs will be written to ensure compliance with business and technical requirements
Minimum Education and Experience
Please review most current job description: http://www.auburn.edu/administration/human_resources/compensation/ccp/jd/jd-title.htm
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent for entry level
Years of Experience: 5 or more years of experience
The Level IV salaries are typically between $53K and $64K. Degrees will be considered in lieu of years of experience.
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
The Level V position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience in systems analysis and programming in a business or university setting. Salaries are typically between $64K and $75K.
The Level VI position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience in systems analysis and programming in a business or university setting. Salaries are typically between $73K and 85K.
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Minimum Technology Skills
- Experience with Oracle (or other relational databases) and SQL.
- Work experience using programming languages such as C#, Java, Python, Perl.
- Experience in Oracle PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Ellucian Banner ERP
- Knowledge of Cloud computing technologies such as Azure, AWS.
- Experience with web technologies: HTML5, PHP, jQuery, AngularJS, RESTful API, and ReactJS.
- Knowledge of student, finance, or HR business processes in complex public universities.
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Quick Link for Internal Postings: https://www.auemployment.com/postings/29956