Registered Staff NurseAnderson Hospital
Provides safe and effective delivery of patient care, utilizing a systems theory approach, through assessment, goal setting, and outcome evaluation. Practices within the parameters of the Illinois Nursing and Advanced Practice Nursing Act and Anderson Hospital policies and procedures. Practices autonomously and in accordance with professional nursing standards, providing care to primarily adult and geriatric populations. RNs who have successfully validated competencies will provide care to pediatric populations. Performance expectations are defined in the competency evaluation.
1. Effectively utilizes nursing process to ensure optimal nursing care and patient outcomes.
2. Engages in activities to expand and / or enhance the professional nursing role, which includes integration of research and evidence based practices.
3. Provides leadership and autonomy in the professional practice setting and the profession.
4. Supports patient’s rights and responsibilities, including respect of cultural, ethical, and religious diversity.
5. Provides age-appropriate and population specific patient care in a safe, skillful, accurate and efficient manner to pediatric, adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric populations as indicated.
6. Assess patient and family learning needs and provides ongoing education and evaluation. Documents readiness to learn, teaching, barriers and outcomes.
7. Completes documentation accurately and in a timely manner according to hospital policies and procedures.
8. Adheres to standard precautions and infection control standards.
Education Requirements and Other Requirements:
Education Level: Graduate of an accredited nursing program
Certification/Licensure: Illinois licensed or eligible
BLS certification required within 30 days of hire