Registered Radiology TechnologistAnderson Hospital
To apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis in accordance with policy and procedure, practicing radiation safety methods at all time. To select appropriate technical factors limiting the need for re-exposure and in accordance with equipment operating guidelines.
To apply patient care, communicating the procedure performed, lessening apprehension and in accordance with the Maryville Imaging’s Patent’s Rights policies. Knowledge of the needs of patient according to their age group and the ability to modify care according to patient’s age.
1. Performs and documents patient and family education activities including assessing, performing and documenting
2. Provides age specific care for newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric population.
3. Supports patient’s rights and responsibilities, including respect of cultural and religious diversity
4. Uses proper positioning and technical factors to obtain high quality images
5. Accurately identifies images and includes patient history
6. Correlates accurately contrast media and dosage to exam
7. Proficiently operates radiographic equipment
8. Assists physicians, students and other technologist with procedures
9. Maintains compliance with Patient Safety Goals
10. Is in compliance with all radiation safety standards
11. Documents and completes accurately and in a timely manner all exam information
Education Requirements and Other Requirements:
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certification / Licensure: Formal radiologic technology training in AMA approved school.
Must be ARRT registered and IDNS licensed unrestricted.
Current BLS: Required