Registered Nurse -- ICU/IMU -- PRN & Full-TimeAnderson Hospital
Job Summary: Provides safe and effective delivery of patient care, utilizing a systems theory approach, through assessment, goal setting, and outcome evaluation. Will practice within the parameters of the Illinois Nursing and Advanced Practice Nursing Act and Anderson Hospital policies and procedures. Practices autonomously and in accordance with professional nursing standards, providing care to primarily adult and geriatric populations. Performance expectations are defined in the competency evaluation.
- Completes mandatory educational requirements in a timely manner.
- Supports the Patients Bill of Rights by respecting cultural, religious and ethical diversity.
- Responds appropriately to alarms, hospital Code’s and safety issues, including required documentation.
- Effectively utilizes nursing process to ensure optimal nursing care and patient outcomes.
- Engages in activities to expand and / or enhance the professional nursing role, which includes integration of research and evidence based practices.
- Provides leadership and autonomy in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Provides age-appropriate and population specific patient care in a safe, skillful, accurate and efficient manner to adult and geriatric populations.
- Assess patient and family learning needs and provides ongoing education and evaluation. Documents readiness to learn, teaching, barriers and outcomes.
- Completes documentation accurately and in a timely manner according to hospital policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of Hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet staffing needs of the department.
- Maintain education requirements by participating in continuing professional education activities.
Education Requirements and Other Requirements:
Education Level: Graduate of an accredited nursing program
Certification/Licensure: Illinois licensed or eligible. BLS certification requires
Experience Requirements: Minimum of 1 year experience in telemetry/critical care preferred. It is a
Requirement to complete the following within 1 year of hire:
- ACLS certification
- EKG test
- Critical Care Class/85% Passing Grade on Test
- Moderate Sedation- Required to complete annual moderate sedation testing.
Applicant will be required to complete orientation and annual competency standards as outlined by hospital policies and unit standards.