CT TECHNOLOGISTAnderson Hospital
POSITION TITLE: CT TECHNOLOGIST
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF RADIOLOGY, MANAGER,
To apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis in accordance with policy and procedure, practicing radiation safety methods at all time. To select appropriate technical factors limiting the need for re-exposure and in accordance with equipment operating guidelines. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment and initiative, and basic knowledge of cross sectional anatomy.
To apply patient care, communicating the procedure performed, lessening apprehension and in accordance with the hospital’s Patent’s Rights policies. Knowledge of the needs of patient according to their age group and the ability to modify care according to patient’s age.
Service and Quality Standards:
Is Customer focused
Anticipates customer needs
Adheres to customer service standards
Is Competent, caring and compassionate
Treats coworkers and customers with dignity and respect
Demonstrates competent, caring and compassionate behavior
to customers and coworkers
Is conversation conscious
Assures confidentiality of patient and employee information
Is positive in interactions with others
Is courteous and respectful
Promotes a harassment free environment
Inspires the trust of others
Acts in accordance with hospital policies and code of conduct, and identifies any conflicts of interest.
Is excellent in patient care and service
Demonstrates multidisciplinary cooperation
Assists in obtaining excellent satisfaction scores of feedback
Is safety conscious
Demonstrates safety consciousness and supports safety initiatives
Is involved with improvement efforts
Supports performance improvement
Seeks ways to improve systems and services
Shows commitment to improvement efforts
Meets mandatory educational requirements
Is a loyal ambassador
Demonstrates commitment to hospital mission and vision
Is active and involved
Supports hospital initiatives
Champions innovation and supports change
Is a positive role model
Fosters team cooperation
Is a good steward of hospital resources
Develops/uses efficient work methods
Is cost effective
Conserves organizational resources
- Performs and documents patient and family education activities including assessing, performing and documenting
- Provides age specific care for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric population.
- Supports patient’s rights and responsibilities, including respect of culture and religious diversity
- Selects proper protocols for each exam
- Accurately identifies images and includes patient history
- Correlates accurately contrast media and dosage to exam
- Proficiently operates all functions of the CT scanner and workstation equipment
- Assists physicians, students, and other technologists with procedures
- Maintains compliance with Patient Safety Goals
- Is in compliance with all radiation safety standards
- Documents all interventions and completes accurately and in a timely manner all exam information
- Performs QC procedures on CT scanners as directed by the physicist’s protocol
Education Requirements and Other Requirements:
Education Level: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certification/Licensure: Formal radiologic technology training in AMA approved school.
Must be ARRT registered and IDNS licensed unrestricted.
Current BLS: Required
Extensive walking, standing, pushing and/or lifting medium to heavy weight. Exposure to radiation.
Exposure Category I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues: All procedures or other job related tasks that involve inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or a potential for spills or splashes of them are Category I tasks. Use of appropriate protective measures should be required for every employee engaged in Category I tasks.
NA 0-25% 26-75% 76-100%
Reach Overhead X
Walk/Move About X