Certified/Registered Medical AssistantAnderson Hospital
The medical assistant performs administrative support duties under the direction of the practice manager which may include scheduling appointments, answering the telephone and directing the calls to the appropriate staff, registering patients, collecting and updating patient demographics, verifying health insurance coverage and collecting/processing payments. Clinical duties are performed under the supervision of the physician or mid-level provider and may include obtaining and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for the examination, drawing blood and administering medications as directed by the physician or mid-level provider.
1. Performs general office duties including registration, medical records, scheduling, telephone tasks and other such duties
2. Performs clinical duties including rooming patients, taking vital signs, recording medical histories, preparing patients for the examination, drawing blood and administering medications as directed by the provider
3. Provides care in a safe and effective manner.
4. Maintains accurate and complete medical records.
5. Demonstrates effective communication skills with patients, families and co-workers.
6. Demonstrates flexibility to meet staffing needs of practice.
7. Maintains a well-organized environment.
8. Facilitates accurate and timely patient/visitor related activities in an efficient and courteous manner.
Education Level: High school graduate or equivalent required. Medical terminology course or background required. Graduate of a medical assistant program preferred.
Experience Requirements: Experience in a medical setting. Prior experience as a medical assistant is preferred.
Other Requirements: Must be able to complete computer work. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.