Lead Data EngineerAmherst
Amherst is hiring a Lead Data Engineer to utilize their industry knowledge, technical skills and passion for data to work closely with executive stakeholders and our financial engineering team developing solutions that support and optimize business operations.
- 3-5 years of experience in data analysis and/or management in an enterprise environment within finance, operations or analytics.
- Passion for data organization, quality, and reliability.
- MS SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, Hive, Presto, etc. preferred. Experience developing complex efficient queries, designing and building logical data models, and working with large datasets on a relational database system
- Experience with at least one language (e.g. Python, C#, Scala, Java).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be an intellectually curious self-starter and motivated to continually learn.
- Proactive, hardworking team player with excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of statistics, including hands-on experience with SAS, R, Matlab, Machine Learning, AI.
- Experience working with large datasets (1B+ Records)
- Knowledge of Big Data or Cloud technologies
- Experience with version control (e.g. TFS, SVN or Git) and build tools.
- Tableau/BI Tools